Saturday, September 8, 2012

September 7, 2012

Yay!  We got our first letter! 

Dear Family,

Hello from the MTC!

Let me tell you a little about this place.  My MTC companion is named Elder Johnston.  He's from a small town in Montana, is very tall from the "middle" and from the ground, and has a beautiful tenor voice.  He's a recent convert, which makes for interesting conversations.  We get along great, and though it's only day 3, I'm sure we'll get along fine.

I just got back from breakfast with Elder Johnston.  The food is decent, and there's lots of it.  I've been very conservative about how much I eat, and I work out for 15 minutes a day to burn calories.  I'm NOT coming home fat!

The room where we stay is a little bigger than the loft back home, with two other Elders living here as well.  We basically just use it to store our things and sleep in, so the smaller quarters don't bother me.

We are being kept quite busy.  The MTC seems big on role-playing; we are teaching an "investigator" today, and will pretend to be investigators ourselves later.  We have a lot of study time, but that's okay, because there is A LOT to study.

I can only e-mail you guys on P-Days, which is Tuesday for me.  If you use Dear Elder.com to e-mail me, I can have a hard copy of your e-mails sent to me.

I'm happy to be here, but I miss you guys already.  I don't have a lot of free time to write to you, but I'll send another letter soon.

Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment