Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 12, 2012

Dear Boren Bunch,

I am now District 30-A's most popular missionary thanks to you guys!  I've been sharing the (some) of the candy around ,a nd it's a "soul" saver!  You guys are awesome.

It's hard to believe a week's gone by already.  Since Sunday, the days have flown by here, there's so much to do.  I have five investigators (one atheist, one who believes in God, but doesn't go to any religion, one agnostic skeptic, one less active, and one Southern Baptist).  Two of those are teachers pretending to be investigators, not that that makes them any easier.  The others, we are told may or may not be really looking into the church.  The work is really hard, in an awesome, spiritual way.  We got the atheist to commit to be baptized in two lessons, but we've been to see the agnostic over three times and can't even get him to pray.  We've made great progress with the less active (she's committed to get ready to go to the temple, pray and read scriptures daily, and go to church again).  The Southern Baptist won't let us in the "apartment," and he's really anti-Mormon.

We have class for six hours a day, and then after we finish meeting with our investigators, we just study . . . and study . . . and . . . sutdy!  Never a dull moment!

On Tuesday, Elder Johnston (my companion) and I tried out for an accapella duet part for the MTC Fireside Devotional next week, and we got it!  We're singing a variation of "Nearer My God To Thee" that's really beautiful.  I've got a high-baritone part, and he's taking the tenor meoldy.  It's going to be awesome!

I had a little bit of a scare on Monday.  We have a little less than an hour to play sports or exercise and I always spend it playing basketball.  I kinda twisted my bad knee, but it's fine now (luckily).  I'll be fine.

I loved you guys' letters and drawings.  I'm going to write each of you individually when I have time (so maybe a while :)  Letters are what keep us going, so thanks a ton.

Love you guys, I'll write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment