Sunday, September 2, 2012

Matthew at the Temple

One of the greatest experiences we've been able to have this summer has been going to the temple with Matthew.

On August 3rd, Matthew went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and took out his own endowments. He wanted it to be a quiet affair so it was just Ted and me and his grandparents. We were so grateful that all of them could join us. It was a great experience.

For a lot of years, I've sat in the Celestial Room of the temple watching parents waiting for their kids to join them there. I have shed many a tear watching those happy reunions, waiting for the day when I would have one of those with my own kids and imagining that amazing scene in the life to come. I LOVED being there with that boy.

I'm glad he's going on a mission, but being there is really what it's all about.





Oquirrh Mountain Temple


Matthew and Grandma Kristie




Matthew, Kelli and Ted


Matthew, Grandma Reesa, and Grandpa Phil
 

No comments:

Post a Comment