Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18, 2012

Hey guys,
HOW IS EVERYONE DOING??? I loved all of your letters and the packages I got! It's so awesome to get those reminders of home. Thanks for rooting for me!
 
Things are AWESOME here! I'm learning more about the gospel than I ever have, and I've made a lot of great friends. Elder Johnston says hi. Unfortunately, it appears that I can't upload pictures on these MTC computers, so you'll just have to wait until I get to Ohio. :-)
 
Time is flying by WAAAAY too quickly here. I feel like I just got here, and I'm already mentoring "newbies" on how to teach their investigators. Me and Johnston have made a lot of great progress with a couple of investigators (two non-members committed to baptism). There's still one guy (Alexandre Paul, a Haitian ambassador) who we're reeeally not getting through to, which is frustrating of course. He says he like the Bible because of the way it makes him feel, not because he believes it's true. He asks a lot of irrelevant questions that I feel like I can KIND of answer, and then we get off track, and nothing of eternal importance is said. We're still learning, but the time draws nigh when I'll be learning...for real!
 
My departure is set for the 25th, which is next Tuesday (at 5:00 in the morning. =-P) We've already seen two sets of missionaries off, and it's starting to get real. I feel ready to get out there and teach by the Spirit! I've gotten much better at slowing down and listening, which is a key part of feeling the Spirit and understanding what the investigator needs. I'm feeling good!
Thanks for all your love and support!
 
Love, Elder Matt Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment